The Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) of Denver promotes an efficient, viable, and inclusive nonprofit sector that supports the growth, learning, and development of young professionals. We engage and support future nonprofit and community leaders through professional development, networking and social opportunities designed for young people involved in the nonprofit community.
The YNPN Advisory Board is responsible for the governance of the organization, including the implementation and evaluation of the strategic plan, service of membership needs, management of all committees, recruitment of future Advisory Board and committee members, as well as other activities. Because Denver YNPN is an all-volunteer organization, the Board is extremely involved in all facets of the organization.
Denver YNPN looks at the Advisory Board as a great opportunity to further develop the leadership of young community leaders. The Board is, itself, a development experience. However, the primary responsibility and commitment of Board Members is to the success of the organization.
As a YNPN Denver Advisory Board, you are asked to commit to these expectations:
- Committing to a one-year, renewable term.
Attend a monthly board meeting the 3rd Monday of every month
- You may not have more than three excused absences per year
- Attend YNPN Denver's annual fundraiser, invite your friends and others in your network
- Participate as an active member of one of YNPN Denver's committees
- Committing to active participation at Board meetings, YNPN events, and additional independent work as needed
- Contribute $100 per year to YNPN
- Attend the Annual Retreat
The YNPN Denver board accepts applications year round.
We welcome all applicants, at this time we are especially seeking candidates with experience or interest in:
- Fundraising and/or Development
- Professional and/or Leadership Development
- Organization and/or Time Management Skills
- Previous YNPN Denver Elevate members, or those interested in redeveloping a leadership program for the 2020 - 2021 cohort.
- Read more about Elevate here
Please submit an application and resume by Friday FEBRUARY 28, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
Interviews of final candidates will take place on MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2020 between 5:30 and 7:30 pm.
In addition, please email your resume to email@example.com to be considered for YNPN Denver Board of Directors 2020-2021.